This is the design for the 2014 programme for Hoathly Hill Forest Garden.
I surveyed our resources, challenges, opportunities and needs of our internal environment by exploring our group and the site, and the external environment. I also found out the dates of the Celtic festivals for 2014 and kept a separate page for ideas as they came up in the survey stage.
internal and external environments
seasonal festival dates
I used permaculture ethics and principles to analyse our situation and generate ideas for our programme.
- drawing on our existing resources and skills and developing them
- integrating the land-based activities with course and outreach
- creating connections with other groups and educators
- low maintenance activities to work with the ever present limiting factors of time and money and keep it enjoyable
- creating a yield for the land, us as a group and others