What went well?
- Focusing attention on my learning patterns and vision for the diploma.
- Exploring different perspectives on learning.
- Reconnecting with permaculture design.
- Sharing action learning pathways with other diplomats and tutorials from experienced permaculture designers.
What was challenging?
- The wide scope of the observation, but was however fruitful at this stage in not limiting observations.
- The limited nature of the perspectives on learning and the historical and institutional context of the research.
Long term vision
- I would like to make a practice of observing.
- I wish to explore different approaches to learning that are more spiritual and nature based and use that as a foundation in teaching permaculture.
- I would like to explore nature and embed permaculture design in nature.
- The analysis phase of this design.
My key learnings
- Allow time to relax in and enjoy the observation stage.
- The stages of the design process are sometimes difficult to separate out.