This building is my local community building, Arc Hall.
I have been the person responsible for bookings for the past three years as well as a regular user of the building in going along to community meetings and other events.
- owned by Hoathly Hill Trust Ltd
- completed in 2000 with a budget of £120,000
- contractor: Douch Partners Ltd / subcontractor: Cowley Structural Timber Works
- designed by Steiner architect, Nicolas Pople, as a purpose-built community building and kindergarten
- aligned with West Hoathly Church
- eco-build: timber frame construction / Warmcel recycled newspaper insulation
- currently housing Hoathly Hill Kindergarten and Hoathly Hill Community meetings and occasional events, as well as a library for HHC in the ‘attic’ and an office little used
- available for hire at competitive rates
- finances: outstanding loans, insufficient income to service the loan
- main hirer ending hire agreement in September 2014.