- Locality, an organisation with a long history in community buildings, supports communities to take on unusued buildings into community ownership and turn them into vibrant spaces. See some case studies.
- nef is an independent ‘think-and-do tank’ around real economic well-being and wrote a relevant report, Reimagining the high street
- Transition Town Totnes’ Reconomy Centre
- Transition Town Totnes’ Transition Homes
- Pop Up Studios in Lewes
- Linklater Pavilion Lewes
- Earthship Brighton
Environment for Children
I took great inspiration from Christopher Day’s book, Environment for Children, on architecture and spaces for children and his work on designing Waldorf kindergartens.
My design ideas
- zero carbon
- community hub
- low-cost/gifted space
- permaculture gardening
- kindergarten space redesign
- proposed design consultation: consensus design day