Hoathly Hill Trust, owner of the building, carried out a review at the end of 2013 (part of my Community Life Pathway), which resulted in a strategic plan for the organisation. Within that plan was a strategy for Arc Hall and the financing of Arc Hall. The board of trustees carried out a simple SWOT analysis as a foundation for the strategy based on their experience of managing the building for many years.
Arc Hall Strategy Jan 2014
- review the financing and develop a strategy
- consult with HHC about their vision for Arc Hall & clarify usage agreement
- review booking policy
- invite new users from September 2014
- develop library and office spaces
- publicise availability for hire locally
- make renovations and repairs to the building as necessary
- detailed project proposal by March 2015
- apply for funding to develop Arc Hall as a community educational building.
Arc Hall Finance Strategy March 2014
The short-term strategy for Arc Hall should be to break even on its income and expenditure accounts.
MEDIUM TERM STRATEGY
The medium term strategy should be for Arc Hall to make a surplus on its income and expenditure accounts and begin repaying some of its borrowings to the General Fund.
LONG TERM STRATEGY
The long term strategy should be for Arc Hall to make a large enough surplus on its income and expenditure accounts to enable it to repay on an instalment basis it’s short-term and long term debts.